Really Nick should be writing this post since I did not attend the reunion, but since that is not a realistic thought I will try my best at recording it. The first thing is I don't actually think it was a Styer reunion. I think it was a Jordan Family Reunion??? Either way, it's that side of the family. The reunion was in Ohio on August 10-11th and Nick decided that since he was on the east coast and that it would be a short plane ride, it would probably the most feasible year to try to go. He stayed with his Aunt Laura and Uncle Keith on their farm in Medina the first night. Nick would spend the summers there as a kid and loved working on their farm. Their house is practically a museum!! I can't remember the exact year their house was built, but I think it is over a 100 years old!!
Who doesn't love bingo at the reunion. Nick's sister with 3 of her 4 kids.
David and Jo with the grandkids
Nick with his Dad, Aunt Laura, Aunt Leah, Stepmom Jo, sister Amanda, and kids
Nick had a good friend that he would hangout with those summers he spent in Medina, Ohio. He and Devin met at the LDS church that his Aunt would take him to during his visits with them. About the time Nick left to serve a two year church mission, Devin joined the Army. Weeks after finishing basic training he went to Iraq, where just a few months later his convoy was struck by a roadside bombing and he died of injuries. Every time Nick has been back to the Medina area he has gone and visited his friends grave site, and this time was no exception. I wish I could have met his friend, Devin and grateful that Nick is the type of man that still honors his friend every chance he gets.
I loved seeing Nick and the kids loved taking paddle boat rides with Uncle Nick. Please delete the heinous pictures of me. lol no, actually, seriously delete or crop!
ReplyDelete