We decided that with Nick being on the east coast with this current project he is working on, we need to take advantage of being in 'closer' proximity to family. With a long weekend ahead, we decided to make the 5 hour trek to Willamsburg. I definitely did not have warm enough clothes. It was cool and breezy at night, enough to wear we had to go and buy sweatshirts at the outlet mall (even Nick). Then it was freezing in Nick's moms house-just the way their whole family likes it. I on the other hand was best friends with Chris's snuggie the whole weekend.
We did a few projects around Chris' house to help her out, and we went on long walks at night with Nick's sisters family who just got a new black lab puppy. Chris is always trying to convince Nick to go through the closets upstairs to get his stuff out of her house and while digging through old stuff we found his high school letterman jacket!!! Oh was that a fun find! It gave way to an impromptu photo shoot and lots of laughs.
We stayed up late playing charades with everyone and Nick mastered the grill every night. We had a wonderful visit, and before we knew it we were back on the road to Wilmington.
Here the nephews are having too much fun climbing old trees in Colonial Williamsburg
When it was getting late and Aiden decided he couldn't walk anymore, Uncle Nick became his vehicle. Good thing he is strong.
After the weekend I think the snuggie had permanently conformed to my body.
Left to Right: Michael jr, Aiden, Me and Nick, Michael and Amanda, Jordan, Chris, and Lanion.
Jamestown High School class of 2000. Gotta love this jacket, but I love Nick's modeling poses even more!!! hahahah
Nick was busy changing out like fixtures, staking a tree in the backyard, painting, and making multiple trips to Lowes, where my job was to help Chris with two walls of photos. We made a wall of the grandkid photos that turned out to make a fabulous entry to her home. The kids were all mesmerized watching us measure and hang frames, it was really funny. The other wall we did was a grouping of art and a clock in her dining room. I must say it turned out quite nice. What can I say- my mother, Terry, taught me those skills.
We were glad to be able to spend time with Nick's mom and his sister, Amanda and her family. I was asking the kids when they were leaving to go home on the last day if they had fun, and Lanion (who I think is 6 years old) said "maybe next time Uncle Nick won't have so many chores and he can play with us more like he used to." It was so cute and so sad at the same time. They love their Uncle Nick--but than again doesn't everyone!?!




No comments:
Post a Comment