By now everyone knows our connection with the Badger's. Michelle was my roommate and TJ was Nick's roommate-we set them up on a date two weeks after we had started dating and...boom...the four of us got married and despite them moving to Denver after getting married, we have all stayed the best of friends since meeting 7 years ago. When I called Michelle out and guessed that she was pregnant only about a week after she found out, I was thrilled to be an 'auntie' to this little baby! Scarlett was born on April 17th, but I had to wait until June to meet her in person (although I did love getting a daily picture text each morning of the little honey, as we like to call her).
One morning we headed to Red Rocks for a little workout. We thought we would be ambitious and run the steps....whew!!! Let me tell you that is no joke. I like to think I am in decent shape these days, but that altitude will mess anyone up!
We started at the bottom....
...and some how after an entire ipod playlist, made it to the top!
We treated our selves to a pedicure and shopping trip afterwards as our reward! :)
A month later it was Nick's turn. He was in Denver for work training and stayed through the weekend to love on this little girl. I love how he is holding her like a football! It is fair to say Nick has a slight phobia of babies because as he says "they break easier"...hahah! But from what I hear he did great.
Just trying to pump those little legs of hers
The boys were jealous that Michelle and I went and ran Red Rocks, so they decided to have their turn at it.
So happy for this family! TJ has two older boys, and it goes without saying that this little girl has melted his heart. We are excited to see her grow up!













No comments:
Post a Comment