...And the insomnia has set in! I knew the 9 hour time difference would be hard, but add on top of that me being sick and sleeping next to a grizzly bear (oh, Nick I really do love you I promise). I think I finally fell asleep around 4am only to wake up at 6:30am for the adventures to start on our 3rd day (April 23rd). Don't forget that 4am is really 7pm in Arizona the previous day, so my body did not know what was going on! I didn't take Nyquil because I really am zombie woman the next day, but it turns out I was zombie woman without it! I was able to shut my eyes for a little bit of the car ride up to Interlocken, but I'm glad I did sleep the whole time or I would have missed Spiez!!
On our drive to Interlocken to see the Alps we drove through the cutest town I have ever laid eyes on. We decided to pull over and explore this lakeside town. We found out that we were in Spiez, which
is a town on the shore of Lake Thun in the Bernese Oberland region of Switzerland. If only this camera could do justice to how turqoise the water was. I have been to the Caribbean a few times, and this just didn't even compare! So beautiful. The sun was shining, the breeze was perfect and we just sat and watched the sailboats. Sometimes in life I don't always appreciate these things, but I certainly did today.
From here you could see glimpses of those big famous Alps mountains. We were just a short drive away, up next even more beauty :)
No comments:
Post a Comment