I'm surprised that the 4 weeks between March15-April 15th didn't get me checked into the hospital for exhaustion!!! As February came to an end, I kept looking ahead and the calendar and would practically have mini panic attacks with all the stuff I had planned. Luckily for me though it was all fun stuff, but none the less exhausting!
First up my BYU college girls reunion trip, and this year it was in Phoenix the weekend of March 15th! A few friends live out of the country right now (Rochelle and Heather-we missed you dearly) and Julia was with her sister who just had a baby, so we still tried to have have fun in their absence-I think we accomplished that :)
Night one: We had great catch up conversations at Oreganos for dinner. It's crazy to think that fast forward 12 years how every one's life is so different!
Saturday morning: Jes and I left pregnant Lindsay to visit an old mission companion and we headed to Tonto National Forest to hike Lost Dutchman's Trail. Oh, how the weather was perfect. I couldn't get over how green everything was, but don't worry it is all brown and dead now from the heat. We had such a great time. Jes and I were roommates freshmen year in the dorms, and I'm glad to say we are still great friends.
Saturday Night: We went to Scottsdale to meet up with yet another friend from BYU, Bethanie who lives in the area. Despite Saddle Ranch having the loudest music blaring and horrible customer service we enjoyed our time together. Leave it to Jesicah to complain to the manager, and he brought us the biggest cotton candy I have ever laid my eyes on!!! Overall a great night.
Sunday: We did what ever person in AZ wants to do in the month of March-MLB Spring Training game. We saw the Dodgers vs the Diamondbacks. It was a perfect 85 degrees with the sun shining down us, but poor Lindsay's Alaskan blood and pregnant self could hardly take it!! We cut the game short and went and did the next best thing-outlet shopping!!! Anyone who knows Jes, knows how much she hates shopping, so it was hilarious to see her going crazy.
And just like that, the weekend was over. Sad :( I sure do love these girls. It's a big sacrifice for everyone to get together with their busy schedules and multiple kids, but it is nice to have an all girl weekend every now and then. Can't wait until the next one!







No comments:
Post a Comment