This year we decided to meet in Kentucky for Christmas. We both had the week off between Christmas and New Years (which never happens) so off to KY we went. We had such a relaxing time. It was great! We ate well, shopped the sales, went to the movies, spent time with friends, and even had some snow!
My mom loves a decorated table
A little Christmas Eve shopping at the Zappos Outlet. Katherine was the winner with the best deals. Nick was such a good sport because 2+ hours is a long time in one store :)
Christmas morning is the time to go to the movies. While everyone else is at home opening gifts we had the theater to ourselves. I'm still not a fan of the 3D glasses.
Nick was in charge of passing out the gifts
Katherine modeling one of her gifts--cute scarf!
The best ornament on the tree in my opinion
Perfect ending to a great meal
With the Christmas holiday over, it was on to playing with some friends. It is no secret how much we love our Louisville basketball (more on that in another post) so we had to all get together to watch the Louisville vs Kentucky basketball game. We always have so much time getting friends together at my parents-it is just like old times! And we beat KY to lots to smile about.
Matt and I--he is probably my favorite Louisville fan
THE ladies! I love these two so much. Tasha is moving to Missouri this summer and Becca lives in Florida. Both places are too far away from me in AZ! I'm thankfully we all call KY home so I can see these two when we are all visiting.
Date night to the temple--and we came out to snow!
Loving all the white out the back window
Burrr...it was cold!
By the time New Year's eve rolled around Nick and I were the only two left in town. A long tradition in our family is to go out for Chinese food on New Year's Eve, so of course we joined my parents. It was such a funny night! My parents both upgraded to the Iphone 5, so it was very comical to see them both playing on their phones at the dinner table. I leaned over to Nick and said, wow-I feel like I'm the parent and my kids won't put their toys down!! Who knows, maybe they were texting each other. Just love those two!
Happy 2013!














No comments:
Post a Comment