Jen and Nick

Jen and Nick Together Forever: Since August 16, 2008



Sunday, July 31, 2011

Visting Home-Kentucky!

In planning my husband-less summer I knew I wanted to head home to Kentucky for a few days to see my family. I lucked out and was there in between the heat waves so it was high 80's-mid 90's and gorgeous!
My parents are in the middle of a 3-4 month remodeling project of their kitchen (finally, my mom has been waiting ten years to do this), bathrooms, and family room. Up to this point my parents have re-done on their own all the bedrooms, living room, dining room, a bathroom and just finished updating the basement a few months ago. But now for the big stuff the pros were called in--- You name it, it is being done-raising the ceiling in the kitchen, moving lighting, plumbing, knocking walls down, and steam room shower, one of a kind cabinetry, moving sky lights, new doors, and so on! I think you get the drift that this place is getting a make over! I can't wait to see what it looks like when we go back at Thanksgiving--hopefully it's done!

When I walked in this is how the kitchen looked!!
We spent Saturday going to Louisville's Homerama where you walk through 20+ homes that were all custom built and decorated from top to bottom. You walk through, see all the latest design trends, get ideas about things that might look good in your home, see paint colors, different fabrics and materials, landscaping, and everything in between. This year it was at Norton Commons-where all the houses are 2-3 stories plus a basement! Needless to say walking in 20+ houses up and down each story--my calfs were so sore the next day!
Here are a few of the 2011 Homearama homes
Of course one of my favorite parts of the trip was seeing my nephews. They are so funny and are the best of friends. My mom planned a FHE that week about the pioneers and my dad told a story about one for our ancestors crossing the plains to head to Utah. So, my mom had the great idea to make a handcart with the boys. The LOVED it!
Here are the boys helping grandma figure out the proper height for the wiring
We all got to wear bandanas that showed we were all in the same family--just like the pioneers did. The little boys were the only ones who looked cute in theirs (which is why you don't see my picture here)!
Here the boys are ready to go out on the "Trek"
The boys all hot and sweaty after the Trek. I think I'll stick to riding inside the car in the background!

Liam wanted to be sure everyone knew he was strong enough to pull it himself.
Driving to the airport I saw this building---wow--I spent wayyyyy tooo much time here!
And lastly, I made it back to Phoenix--only to see this dust storm! No this wasn't the big 'haboob' dust storm that was all over the news--but don't worry I was in that one flying two weeks earlier! One thing about traveling so much this summer is that it has made me afraid to fly! Every flight was late, every flight was bad weather, and every flight I thought was going to lose my breakfast!
As always, such a great visit! Other highlights were seeing my good friend-Tasha, eating Grater's ice cream twice, staying up watching food network until the late hours of the night with mom, going to calypso cove with the little boys, seeing my family, and seeing all the green trees! Sure does make me homesick to fly back to AZ to see clouds of dust and brown blah! We will be back soon enough hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment