So many great things about life on the ship that is deserves its own long post with lots of pictures. We wanted to be a part of all the ship had to offer (yes, the boys even went to the gym one day)! So here is a run down of what we did on those days at sea.
The Food: So let's start with the best thing!! Good thing the dieting happened before because the rumor that you gain a pound a day is true :( We had late seating at dinner which was not until 8:15, but it gave me time to try to be hungry after all I had consumed through out the day. You name, we ate it. The guys tried snails one night (I couldn't be convinced) and as you can see from the picture below you could have as many main courses as you like.
Here Nick is taking full advantage of prime rib and lobster tail!
The two of us at dinner
We splurged one night and ate at the Pinnacle Steakhouse on the very top deck of the ship. It was an extra charge per person, but worth every penny. It was very fancy and when we made the reservation they said to allow 2 and 1/2 hours for dinner!! No, the service was not slow, it was just that we ate so many courses! The four of us had a great time and Nick, TJ, and Michelle gave in to my sappy games that we played. For example, everyone go around the table and say what it is they love about the other person and where they see everyone in 5 and 10 years from now! Hah--I can thank my college girlfriends for those great suggestions. It was a lot of fun and made for a great evening of food and friends.
Nick and I enjoying our meal
Outside the Pinnacle Steakhouse

Now this is what I call a piece of cheesecake

Filet Mignon
Good Times
The StateRoom: We had a room that was right next door to TJ and Michelle which made it nice and convenient. Despite the bathroom being a little cozy the room was great. The bedding is the best part---oh so soft! No wonder at the end of the week they give you information on how to buy it for your own bed at home. I can't complain about having someone make your bed each day, turn it down at night, pick the towels off the floor, and tidy up for you.
The only picture I really had of the room
Loved walking in the door to see this

Day Time Activities: During the at sea days we occupied our time by laying out at the pool, playing bingo, playing cards, sleeping in, going to some of the games that the cruise director planned (like the newlywed game and battle of the sexes), and eating ice cream cones!
Waiting for B-I-N-G-O to start
Playing cards
Me with my not so lucky bingo card
Nick with his very lucky bingo card that made him a winner!
The Night Life: Never a dull moment could be the headliner for this one-especially with Nick and TJ on board this ship! I've always known how entertaining and hilarious my husband is, but this trip was a constant reminder of how fun he is to be around. Comedy show, kareoke, dancing, and the evening shows provided by the cruise ship kept us up in the early hours of the morning. These pictures don't do justice to show how entertained Nick kept us all. HAHA
Nothing like dressing like old man twins in Hawaiian shirts to keep the deck party rocking. Seriously my stomach hurts from laughing when I look at these just thinking about this night
Despite being somewhat embarrassed me the 'old men' at my side-Nick convinced me to break a sweat dancing

Don't worry the dancing continued in the night club too!

And I cannot fail to mention the 'country rap' Nick and TJ performed in the karaoke lounge that was sooo horrible. No really it was, just ask them
"I take your picture!" Everywhere on the ship photographers wanted to take your pictures in hopes that you would buy them. We take great pictures on our own for free if you ask me!
The Ship Celebrity: As I mentioned in an earlier post, Nick was selected the first day (after beating out several other men on his manly Tarzan call) to be the so-called ship celebrity for the week. Each night before the ships' main show in the "Spectacular lounge" (seats a 1,000+ people) he would go on stage, profess his love for me and then have to prove it by jumping up and down 3 times and doing a dance at the end. I have some great video of one of the 'performances' that I need to try to upload. Needless to say, by the end of the week all the passengers on the ship knew who he was and felt the need to shout out "Domenic, Domenic" anytime he was spotted. It was too funny, and I'm sure he loved all the attention from the little Asian ladies on board. On the last night the cruise director, Felipe, awarded him all his prizes for putting up with constant harassment (but, who am I kidding-Nick loved it).
Here Nick is on stage collecting all his goods
Pretty much anything that had Carnival written on it made it in his arms that night
I think this finally sums up the vacation posts! It only took me two months to get it completed. Such a great time we had with the Badger's. It was nice to not have our cellphones, email, or think about work/school for a second. Time to start planning our next vacation! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment