It's safe to say that Nick travels A LOT for work. Even though he is working and lives in North Carolina right now, he has been gone quite a bit to different trainings and job sites over the last two months. The company's headquarters are in Denver, so anytime Nick has to go there for work, I always fly up and we make a weekend out of getting to play with one of our favorite families-The Badger's. This time Nick was up in Steamboat Springs for two weeks at a training and we had initially planned on all of us going up there since it is a cute resort town, but when we heard of the snow and cold that would be happening the ladies quickly decided against it! So Nick finished his two weeks, and then found a ride down to Denver to join us for the weekend.
I got to babysit this cute girl while her Mom and Dad were working on Friday. She was the perfect playmate minus the blowout diaper and TJ leaving without even telling me where the diapers were! ha!
TJ's oldest son is a sophomore in HS and got to dress for his first varsity football game, so we decided to all go a cheer the team on. It was sure cold sitting on those metal bleachers, but it was fun to see them totally demolish the other team.
The next day we drove down to Colorado Springs and went to the Garden of the Gods. It is a large area of land that was owned by a man who had in his will when he died that he wanted this to be opened always to the public free of charge. There are large red rock formations and we picked the perfect day to go explore.
I'm sure somewhere there is a sign asking people to not climb on the rocks, oh well :)
So beautiful!!!
That night TJ wanted to go one of the oldest restaurants in the Denver area called The Fort. He warned us that it would be a little pricey, but we all gave in to him wanting to go there. I was not impressed the $45 6oz steak that Michelle and I split, but he boys seemed to like their assortment of wild game.
Rocky Mountain Oysters. Yes, they are buffalo testicles. Disgusting. I had one bite and texture about killed me. It was funny to watch them eat the whole plate since they forked out some $$ for them!
Nick ate buffalo, quail, and elk for his main course
Being that I wasn't very hungry or impressed with the food I got to keep little Scarlett entertained.
And just like that, the next day we were headed to the airport. So grateful for these friends and the chance we get to travel to Denver quite a bit for Nick's work. More on what Nick does while he is working in the next post.

















No comments:
Post a Comment