Jen and Nick

Jen and Nick Together Forever: Since August 16, 2008



Sunday, November 17, 2013

BOOTS

Let it be known that I did not own my first pair of REAL cowboy boots until last month!!!  That is saying a lot considering I'm married to the man that has more pairs that he can wear--pick an animal and I'm sure he has boots that are made from it!! (ok, so maybe not that many but you get the idea).  

I just never could justify the cost.  They are not cheap!  I finally gave in as I realized that there are many times I found myself saying, "I wish I had a pair of boots."  So when the boot-man himself, Nick, was in town, I knew nothing would make him happier than to escort me to buy my first pair.  Let's just say it was a long 3 hours in one store!  I have never been so indecisive in my life.  Overall, I think for my first pair I got a good neutral and was surprised at how comfortable they fit.  

And here was the winning pair!!

What better place to break the new boots in than the AZ State Fair!  It was a perfect fall night and just our luck, Trace Adkins was playing.  We went with our friends Kristina and Taylor and had a great night eating more food than humanely possible.  Seriously, my stomach hurt for days just from having one or two bites of each thing.

After seeing this picture Nick said my next purchase needs to be a big belt buckle--yay, pretty sure that is never happening!



It was Kristina's birthday, so I felt extra special to get to spend it with her!


Trace Adkins Concert

This was one delicious corn dog.
Pretty sure between the four of us we ate: bacon batter corn dog, turkey leg, carmel apple, philly cheesesteak, deep fried snickers, cheese fries, Texas size bacon maple donut, ice cream cone, and fresh squeeze lemonade!! 

Love this picture of my man


I got to wear my boots a second time that week when I had a night out with the ladies.  Jason Aldean came to Phoenix with his tour, Night Train, so a few of us bought last minute lawn tickets and had a great time!!!



Overall I have loved my boots purchase so far!  I have a feeling that I will get some good use out of them, I just wish I didn't wait 30 years to buy them!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the boots. I am itching for some this year and I think I am finally willing to spend the money. However, mine won't be cowboy boots - just regular wear around the town boots. Now I just have to find some in Switzerland. Let the search begin.

    ReplyDelete