Jen and Nick

Jen and Nick Together Forever: Since August 16, 2008



Tuesday, October 23, 2012

North Carolina Summer

What is a summer like in a beach city if you aren't at the beach just about every day??!!  We have had a great summer in Wilmington and have spent a lot of time at Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, and Kure Beach.  I'm trying to think which beach I like the best, and I just can't choose!  Wrightsville Beach is the closest, so we probably spend most of our time enjoying it.


Our first time checking out the neigborhood!

Watching the rain out in the ocean


A typical Saturday
Enjoying the beach to ourselves---and the 85 degree weather!


The "locals" told us about this donut shop on the boardwalk of Carolina Beach that was voted the 2nd best small town donut shop in America.  It's teeny tiny, but oh so worth the 20-30 minute wait for a hot glazed donut!  Seriously, sooo good.  They are only open 5 months out of the year in the summer time and are 80 cents a piece.  Nothing like buying your dozen donuts and finding a bench on the beach to sit down and enjoy!  Can't wait for them to reopen next summer.


Trying to walk off our donut's!  Love this picture.

When Nick is at work I've learned to roam the town on my own.  I went and toured the USS North Carolina battleship that is docked here in Wilmington and has been turned in to a museum.  I spent a few hours seeing this massive vessel and couldn't believe that a missile was as big as me!!!

Yelp! has been our best friend while living here.  We have tried to not go to any 'chain' restaurants and have not been disappointed in what the locals cook up around here.  One night we went to a restaurant called Dockside, and with a view like this while eating dinner--I don't even remember what the food tasted like!  So gorgeous!
Not to mention I had this guy to enjoy dinner and the view with.

For the 4th of July we went downtown with a few new friends to the 'Boom over the Battleship'.  It was a great show and I always love seeing fireworks reflect over the water.
Happy 4th of July---and man was it hot and humid on this evening!

I can't believe how fast summer flew by.  It has been nice to escape AZ during the 115+ temps to come to ocean breeze every month. Definitely, Wilmington did not disappoint this summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment