Nothing like the girls I spent the first year of college with 9 years ago! We decided it was time to get together, so in mid July the date was set and the travel plans were made. We were the girls at the end of the 3200 hall of the David John dorm, which had its advantages being by the back stairwell! Jesicah, was my Beverly Hills roommate who graduated from high school at 16 and somehow ended up at my room. I was nervous at first, but it turned out I was the lucky one. We were so cool--she had the car, we had cell phones (big deal then people!), and we became instant friends. Julia and Lindsay lived across the hall. Julia was 'that girl from Texas' and Lindsay was 'that girl with the younger boyfriend back home!' Despite those minor flaws (jk!!) the four of us became friends and over the years found our paths reunited again--having that life changing year of college that brings us back together.
The Lovely Ladies:
Julia has been married now for almost 7 years (is that right???) to Ian. Ian is perfect for her. He is tall and from Texas--enough said! She has two precious little girls and lives in Houston, Texas.
Lindsay followed her life plan without any wavering. She met her husband, Michael in Alaska where they grew up. They dated in high school, she went away to college, they both went on missions, and later got married 10 years to the date of their first anniversary of dating! How cute is that! (I hope I got the story right). They have a beautiful little girl who is almost a year old, and are living in Alaska where Michael is an engineer. This is exactly what Lindsay told me her life would be like in the future since the first time we chatted on the end of her dorm bed.
Jesicah is the girl that took me by surprise. She is loud and crazy, but yet at the end of the day I have the best 'life chats' with her. She truly is someone who I know I was meant to meet and share a year of my life-24/7 with! She has a masters in education and is pretty much running a charter school in downtown LA for some of the poorest kids you'll ever meet. She has a passion for teaching, and is one of those teachers I hope my future kids will someday have.
Now, for all the fun things we did!! Shopping, eating, staying up way too late, hottubbing, an hour (yes only one!) at the beach, and a trip to the Newport Beach temple. Here was the weekend in pictures.
We stayed at Jesicah's parents beach house on Balboa Island

Julia and Lindsay--two hot moms here!
Jes, Lindsay, and I making trying to cook!
Julia and I in our matching shirts! LOL
Playing games all night long
The ladies in front of the beach house
Friendship bracelets!!!!
9 years later from that day we met in DJ hall

At the beach-so overcast :(
Julia, Jes, Lindsay, and I at the Newport Temple
This was just the weekend I needed. I am so glad we travelled from Texas, Arizona, and Alaska to be together. I can't wait to do it again. Now for my yearbook posts: HAHA
Jes--Thanks for the being taxi, entertaining us, and always being true to yourself. I love that we can be in the most heated debates, and at the end of it all respect the others opinions.
Julia-As much as I make fun of your 'julia-isms' I love that you are so about making memories.
Lindsay-Thanks for rubbing my back out! I just love you and am glad that we haven't missed a beat together.
~A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime~
Loved this post. Love you girl!!! CAN'T WAIT to see you this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteAww! You're gonna make me cry! What a sweet post! That was seriously the best trip. Loved it.
ReplyDeleteMichael and I got married SIX years to the day after our first hand holding. Not ten. Ha! I was thinking about it and we would've started dating when I was 14!! Not so much. ;)
When I think about how my life turned out exactly how I thought, it's a little creepy, not gonna lie. But I'm glad the part the I DIDN'T plan on (the 2 years when I was actually single at BYU) happened. First of all, it was SO FUN, and secondly and most importantly, it was when we really got to be very close. I love you.