In case anyone is keeping track---Nick's rash....IS BACK! Seriously, it is like one of those unwanted guests that keeps knocking at your door at 2am even when the porch light isn't on. I hate it, but Nick hates it mostly because of how much it totally stresses me out. I think I stayed up starring at the clock until 1:30am worrying about what crazy disease is festering inside of him.
The back story---
Oct 2009-Nick slid in a softball game--Psudemonas infection in leg
Oct 2009-bit by a bug on foot of the infected leg
Nov 2009-diagnosis--Non palpable purpura---a big word for a 'condition' that has an unknown cause and may come and go or stay awhile. Consisting of a purple rash with hive-like bumps that cover his leg/body.
Dec 2009-specialists says to 'wait it out'...WE ARE STILL WAITING...and to take prednisone for the flare-ups (SIDE NOTE---that is one of the most trash your body medications---not one anyone would wish to take).
So, if you have an extra prayer to give...say one for Nick and that so uninviting rash. (*My patience could use some extra help too*)
:( Poor guy. And poor Jen. I'm sorry!
ReplyDelete