Back Pain I am pretty sure will be in my life when I am old--especially since it is present now!! I have been miserable--not even able to fake it really well. And I thought I had a high tolerance for pain (that has sure come back to bite me in the butt--literally).
So two weeks ago I had the day off -it was a Friday, got up bright and early, off to the gym for some step aerobics, and WHAM...a knife stabbed me in the back (not literally, but it sure felt like it). All I did was step up on the step. I didn't fall, didn't trip--nothing traumatic!! Being, stubborn Jen, I continued working out until the end of the class thinking I might have just tweaked it, but as I was walking out of the gym bent over I knew this was not good. After 5 visits to the chiropractor, a Sunday emergency (expensive) chiropractic visit, a muscle relaxer Rx, ice packs, and rest----I still feel horrible. Some mornings Nick has had to carry me out of bed because I can't even roll out of bed the pain is so bad. I have learned that crawling on my hands and knees while my back muscles are spasming really does give some relief--I look like an idiot--but it works! And, yes--I have somehow still been working. Actually working keeps my muscles pretty loose, but then at the end of the work day my back spasms constantly. My best friends are Ibuprofen (a lot of it), Flexeril (muscle relaxer that if anything just lets me sleep), and my Nick.
Nick takes such good care of me. I am so blessed to have him here. Of course, this is his week of no school (since summer session just ended and fall starts in two weeks) and he waits on me hand and foot. Literally, I can't even bend my back to pull my pants up or lean over the sink to wash my face. Nick always does these jobs with a huge smile on his face. He is so patient, loving, and always says he genuinely appreciates this chance to serve me. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him to help me through his. I know that when I am 80, he will still be loving me--because he loves me all crippled right now.
On a final note, I had a consult with an acupuncturist today. I am going to do IT. The lady Nick and I met with today thinks that it had to do with my left sciatic nerve stemming from my lower back. She will put needles straight in to the muscle spasms and then from head to down in different pain trigger points. Honestly the length of the needle doesn't scare me...it is more-this lady better know what she is doing!! HAH. So this Saturday is the day. Can you tell I that I am very desperate for some relief?? I will post a report on how it goes. Until them pray that I get some relief from this 80 year old body I am living in.
Ohmygosh! That's horrible! What a freak accident! I know how it feels to be dependant. With this new belly of mine, Michael has to put my socks on and tie my shoes for me! lol. It's so bizarre. Thank heavens for wonderful husbands who love us! I can't wait to hear about the acupuncture- THAT will make for an interesting post! Feel better!
ReplyDeleteI hope the acupuncture helps! Sorry you're feeling so rotten.
ReplyDelete