Jen and Nick

Jen and Nick Together Forever: Since August 16, 2008



Monday, June 1, 2009

Mom's In Town! Part 1-Kartchner Caves

Mom came from Kentucky for a ten day visit! It was so fun to have her out here. Last Sunday (May 24th) we went to Tucson, where Carol (my mom's sister) and her husband, Jim live. We ate lunch at a gorgeous garden tea room. The weather couldn't have been better. From there we drove another hour SE and went to Kartchner Caves. They wouldn't let you take any pictures inside unfortanetly! We had a great time, other than the 90% humidity in the cave! I must say I was very impressed with grandma because she was passing all the fat middle-aged men in the cave!
It was pretty funny!
They had a museum and in it they had examples of different passageways that the explorers had to fit it. Hah--this is the only one that I could even budge! Must be the hips.


The classic picture of Nick and I at the entrace to the cave.





Mom and I outside the cave at the desert gardens.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I never visited the caves while living in AZ. Maybe you people will have to take us down there next time we visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun to have your mom in town. You, your mom, and your grandma are so cute together. Too bad we couldn't come to the caves with you. They are close to Jeremy's house so they often take people there when they visit. Maybe we will have to meet up there next time. -Ro

    ReplyDelete