Jen and Nick

Jen and Nick Together Forever: Since August 16, 2008



Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Love My Daddy-Happy Father's Day


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! I love my daddy! He has done so much in his life, but mostly I think about how much he has done for me! I think we can all look back once we get older and realized what our parents have done for us. When my parents had all four of us kids my dad decided to go back to school. I think my mom thought he was crazy when he told her that he was going to leave his construction company behind in Phoenix, AZ and move us all to to College Station, TX so he could get a doctorate in Entrepreneurship. First, we all had to ask what did that long word mean!! Off to Texas we went, and somehow for those four long years that my dad was in school-my parents made it work. My two brothers were in charge (who were just barely teenagers themselves) and my sister and I survived!
When school was over we moved to SC and then on to CA where my dad worked for different universities, but it was my junior year that my dad went to Sweden to work at an International Business School. He was gone quite a bit that year, but that is what jump started his career I guess you could say. The next year we moved to Louisville, where my Dad was hired to start up the PhD program in Entrepreneurship from the ground up. Nine years later it has been a HUGE success, and my parents plan on staying there for long haul. Recently dad has been named the eighth most-prolific researcher in the world and fifth in the United States in a study ranking top entrepreneurship researchers. Congrats! That proves that brains are in my gene pool!!!
Besides all the smarts that my dad has, he has been such a big support to me. I am thankful that my parents have supported me in all that I have done. They have always emphasized education (of course) and helped put me through college to ensure that I only had school to worry about. It was my sophomore year in college that Dad called me up and said, "You need to pick a major-and stop wasting your time, but most importantly our money!" Next thing I knew I was in hygiene school and graduating.
Now days my dad is a phone call away for sound advice. Whether I need advice on real estate, cars, money, or who to pick in my march madness brackets--he is there. I love you daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment