Jen and Nick

Jen and Nick Together Forever: Since August 16, 2008



Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nick's 31st Birthday and Sept happenings

In September we spent most of our time in North Carolina.  We had a much needed date night one weekend, trying a new yummy restaurant.

September is a special month because so many family members and friends have birthdays, but none as special as this guy!  As usual when I asked what he wanted to do for his day his response was "hit some balls."  So it was off to the driving range and then out to lunch.  I had gotten Nick a gift card to the driving range and some golf accessories so he was excited to use them!

He knows what he is doing!
 Me on the other hand...haha, not so much!  



 That night we had some friends over for cake and ice cream.  Nick wanted a chocolate ganache cake and boy was it good.

 One of our friends little girl, Kaiya was so excited to give Nick the picture she colored for him.

In other happenings, Nick is still working 60+ hours a week.  On this particular day he had to do several saftey walks so he was dressed down and I'm not sure how happy he was that I took this photo at 6am!  Little did he know his day was going to be one to remember by the end :)

 When I picked Nick up that evening from work I gave in to him wanting to look at trucks (for the 2nd time this week and probably 50th time in the last year)!  By the end of the night, he was as happy as they come and found himself the new owner of an F-150.  You can't wipe the grin off his face.  


 The exact truck he wanted was at a different dealership, so Nick had to wait two days for it to be delivered.  When they called on a Friday morning saying it was ready, he dropped everything he was doing at work and went to pick up his 'baby'.  His smile and excitement made all my stress worth it.

 The first start-up
 My favorite picture!  I love that he is still pondering that this is HIS truck.  
 Back at his apartment he was so careful when picking out where to park
 The inside is probably nicer than any vehicle I will own
 Nick getting this new truck meant one thing---goodbye Mazda!  I bought this car when I graduated from college and it has been so good to me.  The night that Nick signed the paperwork I started crying when he said they were going to take the Mazda that night and give us a loaner until the truck was delivered.  Well the salesman saw me getting emotional and said I could keep driving my Mazda until Friday when the truck came in.  Haha, I felt dumb but I guess I wasn't ready to hand it over.  The next day I took the Mazda and got it all cleaned and detailed much to Nick's dismay.  Yes, I know kind of dumb to spend money on it, but it made me feel better so I did it.  Friday when it came time to hand the keys over I was totally fine---I think because all I could do was smile as I was looking at Nick's excitement.  Ahh, such a great car this had been to us.

On another note, all my flying as paid off.  I'm finally Silver preferred status.  haha.  Nick is jealous because he flys a lot for work, but obviously not as much as me traveling to always see him.  Since I received this 'status' I've been upgraded to first class twice!  oh yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment