August 16th
Somehow it's been 5 years already, but somehow it feels like longer! Either way the more time passes the better it gets. It's funny to me that I could love him more today than I did on our wedding day, but I do and I'm grateful.

We just got back from Mexico that afternoon and I was tired and wanted to take a shower. I was told there wasn't any time for that and that we had dinner reservations at a local Italian place we had been wanting to try. My hair was gross and no matter what I did to it I hated it. Nick said, "I love it when you pull it back, just wear it half up." Weird, he's never said that before. (more on this in a minute). But I hurried to get ready and all things considering I cleaned up quite nice. TJ and Michelle were in town still and of course they came with us. They tried to tell us to go by ourselves since it was our anniversary, but we reminded them that without them we probably wouldn't be married!!
As we were waiting for our food Nick handed me a card. As with every card he gives me I cry. That man sure has a way with words. Seriously, gets me every time. I love his smile in this picture:
This is me fanning my face trying not to cry!
Then he pulls out a little box....cue the big tears streaming down my cheeks
Once again I love Nick's smile in this picture. He loves to love me---which makes me love him even more.
Diamond earrings. Totally shocked! Michelle later told me that he had been talking and planning on buying those for me for the last year! How did he keep it a secret that long. I was speechless. Hence why he said I should wear my hair back, to show them off!!
Lemon Marscapone Cake on the house
It's our anniversary, why not feed cake to each other :)
I have my earrings in, Nick is wearing that big smile I love so much. 5 years later and happy tears.




No comments:
Post a Comment