Jen and Nick

Jen and Nick Together Forever: Since August 16, 2008



Monday, September 19, 2011

Birthdays

It's that crazy time of year where we celebrate lots of birthdays. In fact most of my families is right around now--and Nick and I are no exception to that.

First on the agenda was my birthday-August 24th. Let's be real-birthdays as an adult just aren't too exciting. I got up at 6:30am, worked 9 hours, rushed to leave to make it to activity day girls for church by 5pm, got home and by 7pm I was spent! My co-workers were great and in fact we had a two day birthday fest that was quite the caloric splurge! Nick and I did decide last minute to go to Red Robin for dinner where he went out to the car and came back in with the biggest gift bag I had ever seen. Inside was a Michael Kors purse that he said he picked out himself! It was nice, but being that he spent some money on it, I knew I was going to take it back and getting something I really wanted. :) But, more than the gift itself I love the mental picture I get of him going all over town handbag shopping-all with me in mind. A few days later after a return purchase I got this lovely bag that gets to call my left shoulder its new home! I went to bed that night exhausted--and feeling a year older for sure! Happy 28 to me!

Next up was Domenic's birthday-Sept 8th. He had an even crazier day than I had. He was up at 5am, in class by 7am and got to spend 14 hours on ASU's campus listening to lectures, going to labs, participating in study groups, and a 3 hour night class to top it all off. He came home around 9:30 to pizza (gluten-free, of course) and a home made gluten free chocolate coconut cake from me! I must say it was pretty good! I reminded him that his gun Judy is the gift that keeps on giving (hence why there were no presents for him to open), and he spent the rest of his night watching his favorite show-Storage Wars. Yep, Nick's 29th birthday was spent fully as an adult; having to be responsible!

The next night Sept 9th we planned some birthday fun. We went to dinner, the ASU game with some friends, and enjoyed ASU's win in overtime, 75 degree weather, and a light rain shower even.

No comments:

Post a Comment