Jen and Nick

Jen and Nick Together Forever: Since August 16, 2008



Monday, May 2, 2011

Freeport, TX

Nick found out today that he is headed to Freeport, Tx for the next 3 months as he goes to work for T.I.C. (The Industrial Company). He will be joining two other interns while working on a marine construction project the company has underway. Here are a few facts about Freeport, Tx:

-50 miles south of Houston, right on the Texas Gulf Coast
-The shrimp capital of the world
-Population is just under 13,000
-The city is only about 13 square miles=12 miles of land and 1.5 miles of water
-The median age of residents=27.4 (I think he'll fit right in)
-The city is located at sea level
-Construction is the #1 sector for employment
-Surfside Beach and Quintana Beach are the main tourist attractions

Freeport is the tiny red dot on the map above!

I'm sure I'll find out a lot more about this place in no time! The extra bonus of Freeport, TX is that two of my best friends live in nearby Houston! Yay!! I will get to see Taylor and Julia several times this summer! Only 20 days until Nick leaves. Don't worry I've already booked a ticket to visit the first weekend of June.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! You know we're excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes- that sure is in the South! Oh you will have so much fun visiting him. I feel for you with him gone though. Ugh. Michael will be gone a lot starting in July- we can drown our sorrows together.

    ReplyDelete