So this last week I tell Nick, "Okay, two weeks before my brothers wedding you need to get your hair cut now so it will look presentable for pictures." He agrees and says he is going to try a new place. So, he goes to an actual barbershop thinking that they will know how to better cut curly hair. So $26 later (which I think is a lot for a mens haircut) Nick calls me at work to tell me he LOVES his new hair. He is so excited because finally he found a guy to cut his hair who has the same hair as him, and knew exactly what to do with it. I am all excited to get home from work so I can see this 'great' haircut.
I opened the door to find this.....a MULLET! And the saddest part is here I am all upset that he paid money for this haircut, and NO way is he having this party in the back haircut---and Nick was dead serious about loving it. He thought it was something fun and different to have for summer. I continued to reassure him that it looked redneck all the way. I was surprised at how mad I actually got. Lol. Thankfully, I can laugh about it now.
So, needless to say the next day Nick went and got another haircut ($20 bucks) and a total of $46 dollars later we have his hair back to the usual- way too short on the sides, but give it two weeks and it will look good- haircut. Uhh--and too think I somehow agreed that after the wedding he can do whatever he wants with it. Sigh. Sidenote---the pictures above don't do justice to how short it was on the sides and how long the back and front were.
Yes, the pictures were taken after the $26 haircut! A curly mullet--only 24 hours long thankfully. No after pictures, sorry---but a week later we are almost back to looking normal.
hahaha the 24 hr mullet, oh my goodness i am in stitches!! i mean i feel bad that nick liked it and all...but i thought his hair looked great at Crew's bday party
ReplyDeleteYeah at Crew's birthday party the hair you saw was about a week after the second haircut. It takes 1-2 weeks and then it is manageable. Yeah, this incident was pretty funny though.
ReplyDelete